PTO Policies for Deposits and Reimbursements
A few policies are being used to expedite the handling of deposits and reimbursements for Randolph’s PTO. The goal is to ensure solid fiscal controls and to streamline procedures. All committee chairs are asked to review the policies below.
- The Treasurer (or designee) will make all deposits
- The Treasurer is authorized to make deposits for funds included in the PTO approved budget. If an activity is not specifically included in the budget, please contact the Treasurer prior to collecting funds to see if the funds can be deposited into the PTO account.
- When a committee chairperson has funds for deposit into the PTO account, the funds should be organized as follows:
- Bills should be separated by denomination.
- Checks should be recorded on a spreadsheet. “For Deposit Only” will be stamped on the back of the check by the Asst. Treasurer
- Make a copy of each check in your deposit and include it with the deposit
- After the funds have been organized and counted, the committee chair and one other individual should sign the completed Deposit Form.
- Place the deposit in the locked mailbox under the counter in the front office and contact the Asst. Treasurer to let them know there is a deposit ready.
- Requests should have an invoice and a complete Request for Reimbursement/ Payment Form signed by the requestor and Principal or PTO President before submitting to the Treasurer. Place completed requests in the Treasurer’s folder in the PTO cabinet.
- Checks without an invoice or amount cannot be issued.
- Please allow 5 business days for checks to be processed.
- The Treasurer and PTO President CANNOT sign a check in which an amount is not inserted at the time the check is issued (in other words, blank checks will NOT be issued). An invoice/receipt/etc. is required for ALL checks.
- Please contact the PTO President at firstname.lastname@example.org or PTO Treasurer at email@example.com with any questions or to let Kim Stojkovich know there is a reimbursement request at the school.